Monday, October 12, 2009

I am dust.

"The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. He will not always chide, nor will he keep his anger forever. He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us. As a father shows compassion to his children, so the LORD shows compassion to those who fear him. For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust."
Life sure has a way of knocking us down. I feel like curling up in my bed and discontinuing what life calls me to be and do. I am thankful for God's promise of compassion at time's like this.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I don't like it when the Lord pushes us to go beyond what we want or think is possible. But later, when I see what He added to me after I went through that, I am grateful. Just do the next thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never dust my shelves without thinking about my youngest son's question, "Is dust clean?"

    Our normal dust is comprised mainly of human skin cells. Yes, we are dust. Our bodies come into existence without fanfare and they dust away in a few decades.

    That is all we are. And yet He is a merciful duster.

    Let the wind blow.

    ReplyDelete